Bike riding is something that is becoming extremely popular. More and more people are deciding what a fun activity this is to enjoy as well as get healthier while doing it!
Therefore, many people choose to take bikes on vacation, to the local parks or to mountainous trails. Many times getting these bikes to where we want to ride them is a problem. Bike racks are becoming something most serious cyclists feel is a necessity.
What a great accessory for your vehicle! Taking the bikes with you makes for extra summer and fall fun.
Many times people think they can just throw the bike in the back of the truck, SUV or lay the seats down in the minivan but actually it is extremely important to secure your bike.
If you don’t, you are looking at getting dents and scratches on the bike as well as possibly scratching your truck bed. Putting the bike in the back of the minivan and SUV can mean oil and dirt from the bike getting in the car as well as the annoying sound it can make moving about while you are driving if it is not secure.
There are various factors to consider before deciding which bike rack is more suitable for you.
- First you need to look at your budget. Some are way more expensive than others.
- Next, how secure does it need to be? Does it need to be completely locked down due to theft?
- Also, what kind of car do you have?
According to Rack Attack, there are 4 main rack types to consider. I will summarize briefly but you can check their website for more detailed information.
- Roof Mounted Rack – your car will have to have a base rack. It will need to be factory installed or aftermarket. You would not want this type if you are not planning on keeping your car for an extended period of time because these are more permanent.
- Hitch Mounted Bike Rack – This rack requires that your car already has a receiver hatch installed. Can be very convenient type of rack and hold up to 5 bikes depending on the weight.
- Trunk Mounted Bike Rack – This type of rack is the least expensive option as well as the most basic way to carry a bike but the owner has to be more cautious to not scratch the car when taking the bike on and off.
- Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack – This type of rack only comes with a two bike holding option because the weight is all on the spare tire. Can be a great option if you only need to haul a few bikes.
So, if you are feeling adventurous and would like to incorporate a little bike riding into your life, consider a rack to make it much easier for you to enjoy!
For more information regarding car accessories as well as other vehicle related information, please continue to browse our blog. To learn more about new or pre-owned car sales in the Whiteman AFB and Warrensburg area, contact us at 660-826-2700 or visit us down at the lot on S. Limit Ave (US 65) in Sedalia today.