One of the most sought after features in a vehicle is, without a doubt, fuel efficiency. With the uncertainty of whether gas prices will stay low or skyrocket, it’s definitely an important factor to consider.
Most manufacturers have taken note of this fact and have worked to improve the fuel efficiency of their vehicles. One solution is the increasingly popular electric vehicle, but since the affordability of these cars is still out of range for most people, a fuel efficient car or hybrid is also a great option.
Here are the top fuel efficient vehicles in each class for 2016:
- Minicompacts: Fiat 500. The Fiat 500 has a 4 cylinder 1.4 liter engine and gets 34 combined mpg. This is a fun and easy car to drive, but can get pricey and doesn’t necessarily fit four people comfortably.
- Subcompacts: Scion iA. This 4 cylinder 1.5 liter engine gets a combined 37 mpgs. This car is a very smooth ride and is essentially a smaller version of the Mazda 3.
- Compacts: Toyota Prius C. This hybrid vehicle has a 4 cylinder 1.5 liter engine and gets a whopping 50 combined mpg. While this car is great in terms of fuel efficiency and costs less than the standard Prius, it has gotten a bad rap for being loud and not accelerating quickly.
- Midsize: Toyota Prius Eco. This hybrid is one of the best selling in its class. It has a 4 cylinder 1.8 liter engine and gets 56 combined mpg. It is known for its reliability and has good interior space for a midsized sedan.
- Large: Ford C-Max Hybrid FWD. The Ford hybrid has a 4 cylinder 2 liter engine and gets an estimated 40 combined mpg.
- Pickup Trucks: RAM 1500. This truck is equipped with a 6 cylinder 3 liter engine and gets 24 combined mpg. The RAM gets impressively good gas mileage for a truck and is also very roomy and quiet.
If you’re looking for your next fuel efficient vehicle, check out our large online inventory or stop by Bryant Motors to talk with one of our experienced associates that can help you find the right fit for your needs.