Who doesn’t love a good muscle-car competition!
Pitting engine against engine, sizing up each car’s sleek styling, inside and out, running all the numbers, determining who’s faster, who’s more powerful—this kind of comparison is our favorite here at Bryant Motors.
Interior comparison: take a peek inside
Jumping into both cars (literally), you’ll quickly notice a big difference between the two: their size.
The Challenger boasts more room, especially in the back. It has room for 3, with 3 accompanying seat belts.
The Camaro’s back seat, on the other hand, has room for only 2, and those passengers may feel a bit cramped back there.
As far as styling goes, both vehicles are fairly comparable. Both cater to the driver, providing that cockpit feel we all love with everything within reach.
Also, both cars have retro styling, giving a nod to their origins.
Exterior comparison: check out the outside
The size difference between the 2 cars is as apparent outside as it is inside.
The Dodge Challenger is clearly bigger than the Camaro. Actual specs show that it’s longer by 10 inches, taller by 5 inches, and wider by an inch.
While the Challenger stays true to its original look, the Camaro has been given a little bit more of a modern look. The face of the Camaro is new, and for some, a little too new—and not easy to get used to.
Lastly, while both cars are available in a coupe version, only the Camaro comes in a convertible version.
Engine comparison: have a look under the hood
As far as the engines go, the Camaro typically packs a bit more of a punch than the Challenger.
If you choose to upgrade your trim to a Hellcat or Hellcat Redeye, then your Challenger will pack the power to edge out the Camaro.
Here are the available engine options comparisons:
2019 Chevrolet Camaro
- 275 horsepower, 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four, 295 lb-ft of torque
- 335 horsepower, 3.6-liter V6, 284 lb-ft of torque
- 455 horsepower, 6.2 liter V8, 455 lb-ft of torque
- 650 horsepower, 6.2 liter supercharged V8, 650 lb-ft of torque
2019 Dodge Challenger
- 305 horsepower, 3.6 liter V6, 268 lb-ft of torque
- 375 horsepower, 5.7-liter V8, 410 lb-ft of torque
- 485 horsepower, 6.4-liter V8, 475 lb-ft of torque
- 717 horsepower, 6.2 liter supercharged V8, 656 lb-ft of torque (SRT Hellcat trim)
- 797 horsepower, 6.2 liter supercharged V8, 707 lb-ft of torque (SRT Hellcat Redeye trim)
If you’re looking for a car with power, but also roomy enough for you and your passengers, the Challenger may be more for you. If you’re needing a quick and agile vehicle that’s sleeker and better suited for race track-style driving (and interior space isn’t an issue), then consider the Camaro.
Whatever you’re looking for in your next vehicle, Bryant Motors has you covered!