Spring is finally here!
We don’t know about you, but here at Bryant Motors we’re glad to see longer, warmer days and the bright green blossoming of trees.
When it starts warming up, many people start putting more miles on their car. Heck, you might even be getting ready for or returning from a Spring Break road trip.
Now is the perfect time to make sure your vehicle is ready to hit the road this spring and summer with a seasonal car care checkup.
Seasonal Automotive Care Checklist
You want your car to be ready for wherever your next adventure takes you. Whether you’re performing the checkup yourself or taking it to a local mechanic shop like Bryant Motors, here’s a list to make sure your ride is in tip-top shape after the cold winter.
- Fluids. First and foremost, ask yourself: When is the last time I had my car’s oil changed? If the answer is longer than 7,500 to 10,000 miles, then it’s time to take it in. In addition to engine oil, be sure to check other fluids such as power steering fluid, transmission fluid, antifreeze/coolant, and windshield washer solvent.
- Belts & hoses. This is one you’ll definitely want to leave to the professionals. Included in this mechanic check will be your car’s electrical system, air conditioner, power steering, and cooling system.
- Wiper blades. April showers bring May flowers — and lots of downpours. Make sure your wiper blades are in working order before the spring rains roll in.
- Tires. Check your tires for bald spots and bulges. Also conduct a full tire check by looking at tread depth, tire pressure, and wheel alignment.
- Batteries & plugs. Freezing winter temperatures can be hard on your battery. Test your battery and the spark plugs to see if they need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Lights. For your safety, make sure all headlights and taillights are working. It’s probably one of your cheapest and easiest fixes, yet one of the most important.
- Cabin filter & air vents. Spring is such a beautiful time of year. But when it comes to the allergies many of us suffer with as a result of season is not so great. Make sure your air filters and vents are clean and clear to keep dust and other allergens at bay while driving.
Remember, this is only a basic tune-up. If there’s anything else going on with your car like weird noises or stalling, be sure to get those taken care of too so that you aren’t stranded on the side of the road. Our friendly and knowledgeable team of ASE-certified expert is happy to give your car a seasonal tune-up. Stop by Bryant Motors in Sedalia today!