Spring cleaning isn’t just for your house.
Your car has been through it. With all the snow and mud lately, the mess is starting to overwhelm you each time you get in the driver’s seat. Our cars just don’t get the same care through the winter as it does in warmer months.
Well, now it’s time to show your vehicle some love!
Here are several tips for making sure your car is a clean, mean, Spring-ready machine:
Cleaning Your Car’s Interior
- Remove all trash. Don’t forget to look between and under the seats. You might be surprised what you find down there.
- Check for any stains or sticky areas on your interior surfaces, including vinyl and leather. Use a Magic Eraser for sticky areas, and a dry toothbrush to loosen crumbs hiding in crevices.
- Take out the floor mats and sprinkle your favorite deodorizer on the floor.
- Time to vacuum and dust. Dust first and then vacuum so that you catch all the dust you’ve loosened. Don’t forget to dust and vacuum the air vents too.
- Have leather seats? Use leather conditioner or olive oil for a natural solution. For cloth, you can use your favorite upholstery cleaner.
- Wipe down the inside of windshield. You can use Windex or make your own DIY solution. In a bowl of warm water, mix a teaspoon of dishwashing soap and a few drops of white vinegar.
- Wipe all interiors, including the dashboard and steering wheel, with your favorite cleaner.
- Clean your floor mats and allow them to dry before putting them back in your car.
Cleaning Your Car’s Exterior
- Wipe down your windshield and your wiper blades with rubbing alcohol to keep your windshield streak-free.
- Wash and dry your car, or take it to a professional car washing business.
- Use a clay bar on your car after giving it a good wash. This will help pick up extra grime that was left behind. It also leaves a nice, just-waxed finish on your car.
- Remove bugs from your bumper with cooking spray.
- Clean your rims with cleaning powders like Comet.
- Are the headlights a bit dull? Try toothpaste. It works wonders on clearing up cloudy headlights.
Still looking for a new or used car to ride into spring with? Check out the online inventory of new and used cars. Feel free to come celebrate spring with Bryant Motors by stopping by our Sedalia dealership!