Best Vehicles for Tall Drivers
Getting the right fit in a vehicle can be a challenge for tall drivers.
Start your search here for the best vehicle for tall drivers!
All tall people aren’t built alike, and neither are the cars that can (or can’t) accommodate tall torsos and long legs. It’s a unique problem to have because many auto manufacturers don’t take the taller population into consideration when designing a vehicle.
Over 250 models of cars are available and only a small percentage of them allow taller fellas and ladies to fit inside comfortably without feeling cramped. To help our towering brethren and sisters find a ride that’s a perfect fit, we’ve compiled a list of the top new and used cars, SUVs and trucks for tall individuals.
Best Compact Cars
For the best gas mileage and better parking options, there are a few compact cars that can accommodate taller statures. Here are 5 compact cars that offer the best of both worlds:
- 2019 Nissan Leaf Head room: 41.2″ | Leg room: 42.1″
- Mini Cooper Head room: 39.9″ | Leg room: 40.4″
- Kia Soul Head room: 39.6″ | Leg room: 41.1″
- Honda Accord Head room: 39.1″ | Leg room: 42.5″
- Fiat 500 Head room: 38.9″ | Leg room: 40.7″
Compared to compact cars, sedans provide a little more leg room for front seat passengers and are usually more comfort-friendly for back seat passengers as well. Here are 5 sedans that give tall drivers the space they need—as well as provide a bit more room for passengers and cargo:
- Hyundai Sonata Head room: 40.4″ | Leg room: 45.5″
- Subaru Legacy Head room: 40.0″ | Leg room: 42.9″
- Nissan Altima Head room: 40.0″ | Leg room: 45.0″
- Chevrolet Impala Head room: 39.9″ | Leg room: 45.8″
- Kia Optima Head room: 39.8″ | Leg room: 45.5″
Best Compact SUVs
Compact SUVs are beloved for their car-like handling and a smoother ride compared to their larger cousin, the SUV. While they’re not as bulky as a full-size SUV, compact SUVs can still offer a taller driver plenty of head and leg room. Here are 5 compact SUVs to consider if you’re height gifted:
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Head room: 42.6″ | Leg room: 41.2″
- 2019 Jeep Wrangler Head room: 41.6″ | Leg room: 43.0″
- Ford Escape Head room: 41.2″ | Leg room: 43.3″
- 2019 Nissan Rogue Head room: 41.2″ | Leg room: 44.1″
- 2019 Subaru Forester Head room: 39.9″ | Leg room: 43.1″
Tall drivers typically begin their search for a car with the standard SUV thinking this category is best for their all around needs. It’s bigger and roomier, without being a full-size truck. Here are 5 full-size SUVs that may be just what you’re looking for:
- 2019 GMC Yukon / Chevrolet Tahoe / Chevrolet Suburban Head room: 42.8″ | Leg room: 45.3″
- 2019 Nissan Pathfinder Head room: 42.2″ | Leg room: 42.2″
- 2019 Ford Expedition Head room: 42.0″ | Leg room: 43.9″
- 2019 Subaru Ascent Head room: 41.3″ | Leg room: 42.2″
- 2019 Volkswagen Atlas Head room: 41.3″ | Leg room: 41.5″
Best Pickup Trucks
It’s a pretty safe bet that any full-size pickup truck will serve the interior space needs of most taller drivers. And of course, a truck also provides all the other fun benefits like cargo space and towing ability. Here is a list of 5 pickup trucks tall drivers should consider:
- 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Head room: 41.4″ | Leg room: 45.0″
- 2019 GMC Canyon Head room: 41.4″ | Leg room: 45.0″
- Dodge Ram Head room: 41.0″ | Leg room: 41.0″
- Nissan Titan Head room: 41.0″ | Leg room: 41.8″
- Ford F-250 Head room: 40.7″ | Leg room: 41.1″
Searching for a car, truck or SUV that’s the perfect fit?
Ready to own a vehicle that actually fits your needs and comforts? You don’t have to sacrifice on comfort, luxury and performance. You can always find a great selection of new and used vehicles for sale available today at Bryant Motors. Browse our inventory now!
If we don’t have exactly what you want in stock, we’ll help you find the perfect car, truck or SUV for your needs — at the price point you’re looking for! Learn more about our one-of-a-kind concierge service.