Enjoy the ultimate car shopping experience by visiting Missouri’s Bryant Motors – a dealership committed to customer service for 80 years and counting.
Buying your first vehicle can be a thrilling experience and one that you’ll probably never forget. However, when dealing with the amount of money that comes with buying a new or used car, there can be a fair amount of stress in ensuring you are making the right decision.
Continue reading for ten tips with new or first time car buyers in mind to help reduce their anxiety and feel confident about their big purchase.
- Don’t be hasty. If you are at a car dealership and feel pressured into making a purchase, then you obviously didn’t come to Bryant Motors! You want to be comfortable with your salesperson and feel sure that they value your wants and needs above closing the deal. If they begin to get too pushy and try to pressure you into making a quick decision, you should politely leave. Try not to buy a car on the first day you look at it, but rather give it some thought. (It will most likely be there tomorrow!) You want to make the right decision – not a rushed one.
- Limit loan time. We don’t recommend signing a car loan over 48 months. If you are able to pay cash for your car, that’s even better; however, this is financially impossible for many people. If you are able to put a down payment on your car and borrow less money, this can help your monthly payments lower. And definitely don’t be late on payments as doing so can harm you credit score.
- Set a budget. Before heading to the dealership or car lot, first consider what your price range is. Add up all of your other living expenses and get a car within your means as opposed to buying one that is out of your budget.
- Do your homework. In this day and age of internet accessibility, it has never been an easier to do some research before making a purchase decision. If the car salesperson sees that you are educated on the type of car, truck or SUV you are interested in buying, they will likely be more willing to help get you into the driver’s seat. Research car issues that are most important to you. For instance, if safety is a priority, know the ratings for your particular vehicles of interest.
- Need versus want. Be honest with yourself about your transportation needs. You may like to envision yourself in a tiny sports car, but if you are hoping to have a family in the next year or so a sports car may not be practical. Or perhaps you have a long drive every morning to your job; therefore, a gas guzzler is probably the last thing you need.
- Test drive. Never leave with a new car that you have not personally driven. It may appear like a great ride sitting in the lot, but is uncomfortable to you when it’s on the road. Drive the exact vehicle you are considering purchasing. If a dealership will not let you do that, clearly they are not the right dealership for you.
- Mechanic inspection. If you’re in the market for a used car, always get a trustworthy mechanic to give the vehicle a thorough inspection before you make a purchase.
- Get insurance quotes. You may find a vehicle in good shape that you can afford, but what about the monthly insurance costs that come with it? Get quotes on various types of cars so that you can see what type of vehicle is going to be affordable for you.
- Find an honest dealership. Always make sure you are dealing with a reputable dealership before making your car buying decision. Bryant Motors has served Sedalia and the surrounding central Missouri communities since 1936! A good reputation and excellent customer service are two characteristics you should look for in a local car dealership.
- Enjoy the process! Last but not least, there is only one time in your life that you can purchase your very first car so make it as enjoyable as possible! Taking these tips into consideration should help to make the process much smoother and stress-free.
If you are in the market for your first car, stop by the Bryant Motors dealership at 2901 S. Limit Avenue. We’ve got Sedalia’s biggest selection of new and used Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram models, including the Jeep Patriot Latitude and Dodge Ram 1500.
Let one of our friendly and professional customer service representatives walk you around the lot and help you determine your transportation needs. You can also drop us a line at (800) 886-2701 or contact us online if you have questions.