In life we are faced with important decisions every day. Selecting the best transportation option can be one decision that is both expensive and stressful. For instance, is it worth fixing up your old car, or should you take the plunge and buy a new vehicle that you know you can rely on to get you to work and pick up the kids from school?
While you are making this assessment, there are many issues to consider. Ask yourself the following questions to arrive at a decision:
- What are the repair costs compared to a monthly car payment? This is something that should be looked at very carefully. Find out exactly what is wrong with the car and how much the repairs will cost. If the cost of repair is more than a years’ worth of monthly car payments, it may be time to consider a new vehicle.
- How important are safety features? Perhaps your older vehicle is lacking on the latest and greatest safety features. Possibly, you now have children and want to do all you can to protect your precious cargo. In these situations, it may be time to trade in the sports car and take a look at a safer vehicle like the Chrysler 200 Touring that offers a 4-star safety rating.
- What is your budget? Only you know how much you’re willing to spend and what you can afford each month. Repairs on your old car may cost you more than a years’ worth of monthly payments on a new car, but will you be able to afford a new car long-term for the duration of the loan?
- What kind of car do you want? Are you a salesman or lawyer who needs a reliable car to drive to clients? It may be time to upgrade to a much newer and nicer vehicle. Maybe you don’t have this type of job but have been driving an older car for years and are ready to treat yourself to something new.
- How handy are you? Having an older car generally means repairs are needed more frequently. Are you able to do some of these repairs on your own to save money? If you are then it may be worth keeping your older vehicle and continue to save money by doing much of the work yourself.
- Interested in gas savings? Some older vehicles are complete gas guzzlers! Do you know what your vehicle is costing you per mile to drive? MPGomatic.com is a valuable tool to help determine if it is best to keep your older vehicle or if a newer gas saving vehicle will pay off for you in the long run.
- Have you taken good care of your older vehicle? Have you taken excellent care of your vehicle over the years? If so, then it may be your best option to keep it and continue your excellent maintenance record. Proper vehicle maintenance can mean extending the life of your vehicle for many, many years.
At Bryant Motors, Central Missouri’s top car dealership, we sell new and used vehicles as well as offer our community top notch automotive maintenance and repairs. We are here to help you analyze your transportation needs and options. Stop by 2901 S. Limit Street in Sedalia today or contact us to speak with one of our qualified and knowledgeable staff members!