Whether you decide to buy a car from Bryant Motors or at a competitor across town, we want you to be prepared before you walk onto the lot.
Spending your hard earned money on a vehicle can be stressful and intimidating. If you know your plan is to purchase a used car, it’s vital to visit a reputable dealership such as Sedalia’s Bryant Motors that cares about its customers.
Since 1936, Bryant Motors has been an automotive industry leader in Central Missouri. We pride ourselves on our experienced and non-pushy sales staff.
Of course, we know that not everyone is able to stop by and see us. If you are heading to another auto dealership, then we recommend getting prepared first.
A Little Preparation Goes a Long Way
First and foremost, when car shopping, make certain you have done a little homework. Having an idea of your budget and the type of vehicle you need will save you time. Below are several questions to consider asking a used car salesman.
- Can I see the mechanic’s pre-certification inspection? If a car is certified, this will show you exactly what needed to be fixed in order for the car to receive its certification. The inspection is a valuable paper to have if you decide to purchase the car.
- Do you have the service/maintenance records? Hopefully, the previous owner kept a record of all maintenance. Let the dealer know you’d like to see these records, and they will edit out the name of the previous owner.
- How many previous owners has this car had? If the salesman wants to sell the car then they should share this information with you. Finding out why the individual traded the car in is important as well. This detail may not be available, but it’s worth it to ask.
- Does any new equipment come with the purchase? Maybe the tires are incredibly worn and are the owner’s original set. (Read how to check a vehicle’s tread.) The dealership may be willing to put a new set of tires on the car in order to make the sale. It never hurts to ask.
- Are you willing to take my car as a trade-in? Dealers often take the opportunity to sell your vehicle and give you credit toward the used car you’re interested in purchasing.
- Can I see the CARFAX report? A reputable dealership will have no problem showing you the CARFAX. If a sales rep gives you a hassle about this, they may be trying to hide something. When reviewing the report, check that the VIN number matches the car’s VIN.
- Are you willing to come down on the price? This question is especially important if you are using cash. Since you aren’t getting a loan, you’re saving the dealership time and a little hassle. Negotiating is part of the car purchase process, and it never hurts to haggle.
At Bryant Motors, you will always receive honesty and the assurance in knowing that our sales staff will look out for your best interests. View our online vehicle inventory right now, or stop by and meet us in person at 2901 South Limit Avenue in Sedalia, Missouri. We look forward to helping you find a deal on a car that you will love!