Buying a car of any kind is a big investment and your decision should not be taken lightly. Deciding whether to buy a new or a used vehicle is a personal decision that needs to be considered carefully.
There are advantages and disadvantages to buying both; however, this particular article will focus on the times when the benefits of buying new may outweigh buying used.
- Better financing options. Most financing companies are going to give you a much better rate when buying a new vehicle as opposed to used. Generally, it can be an entire point or two difference. The reason for this is because purchasing a new car requires you to finance more money, which offers better collateral than a used car.
- No secrets. When buying a used car, you rarely get to know how well the car was taken care of by the previous owner(s) or whether it receiving regular service and maintenance. Even Carfax may not be aware of all accidents the car has been in if it was never reported to the insurance company. The only way to truly know a car has been properly maintained is if you have always been the owner.
- Retains value. Although some people say you should never buy a new car due to depreciation, if you purchase a popular type of car that is in high demand then it can actually hold a higher value for a longer period of time.
- Newest and latest features. Perhaps the latest gadgets and gizmos are very important to you! If so, buying the newest models are the best way to get all you want from the latest safety and technological advances.
- Tons of choices. When you buy used, you are subject to whatever is available. By purchasing a new car, your choices of color, style and type of car are virtually endless. Test drive them all to see what looks good on you!
- Full warranty. Buying a new car is the only way to get a true full warranty without paying thousands of dollars extra. Most car dealers offer at least a 3-year, 36,000 mile warranty.
- Made to order. Perhaps the color or choice in the type of car you love isn’t available. No worries! Generally, the dealer can order exactly what you are seeking.
At Bryant Motors, Sedalia’s premier car dealership, we’re committed to providing luxurious, safe and affordable new and used cars, trucks and minivans to our customers in Warrensburg, Whiteman Air Force Base, Jefferson City and throughout central Missouri.
We also believe in providing those who are in the market for a new or used car with free resources so that they make an informed purchase. Definitely be sure to check out our blog and car buying guide if you’re interested!
Come by our car lot at 2901 South Limit Ave. so we can help you find a vehicle that is 100% suitable for you and your family. Contact us if you have any questions we can answer before you make the trip.