Thrill-seekers everywhere are cruising to Sedalia’s new and used Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership for the best deals on SUVs and trucks of the season!
Jeep’s compact, crossover SUV series, the Compass, is made for the Jeep lover with a more civic sensibility. Similar to the Grand Cherokee and Patriot models, the Jeep Compass Latitude is more car-based and thus more suitable as an around-town automobile and moderate off-roading vehicle, rather than a rugged off-trail cruiser like the Wrangler. The Jeep Compass Latitude has one of the automaker’s better fuel efficiency ratings – with an estimated 23 miles per gallon in the city and 30 MPG highway.
One of the biggest selling points of the Jeep Compass Latitude is its low-entry price point. This 5-passenger compact SUV is very reasonably priced and offers an inexpensive way for car buyers to venture into the exciting world of Jeep ownership. With a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) hovering around $20,500 for the base Sport version, the 2016 Jeep Compass is one of the least expensive compact SUVs on the market and has been named one of the 10 Most Affordable SUVs for 2015 by Kelley Blue Book.
Here are some additional specs on the Jeep Compass Latitude:
- Interior: Considered functional and straightforward, the cockpit of the Compass Latitude is sensibly laid out. Though it doesn’t have as many of the bells and whistles of pricier models, this crossover SUV offers outward-facing tailgate speakers and a rear seat that flips forward easily for additional storage.
- Exterior: While essentially maintaining the same design for the last 10 years (why fix something that’s not broken), Jeep did spruce up a few details in 2015 models – including a new grille. The Compass is commonly referred to as a miniature Grand Cherokee in appearance.
- Drivability: Thanks to the Compass’ Freedom Drive II four-wheel drive, it can handle off-road situations much better than most crossovers of its size. On the highway and around town, the Compass Latitude handles superbly and the automatic transmission features a high top gear which helps fuel economy.
Available Vehicle Features & Options
- 172 hp horsepower
- 2.4 liter inline 4 cylinder DOHC engine
- 4 Doors
- 4-wheel ABS brakes
- 4WD Type – Automatic full-time
- AC power outlet – 1
- Air conditioning
- Audio controls on steering wheel
- Center Console – Full with covered storage
- Chrome grill
- Climate controlled – Driver and passenger heated-cushion driver and passenger heated-seatback
- Clock – In-radio display
- External temperature display
- Four-wheel drive
- Front fog/driving lights
- Front seat type – Bucket
- Head airbags – Curtain 1st and 2nd row
- Heated driver’s seat
- Heated passenger seat
- Interior air filtration
- Intermittent window wipers
- Passenger Airbag
- Power heated mirrors
- Power steering
- Power windows with 1 one-touch
- Cruise control
- Privacy/tinted glass
- Rear bench seats
- Rear defogger
- Rear spoiler – Lip
- Rear wiper
- Reclining rear seats
- Remote power door locks
- Roof rack – Rails only
- Stability control – Stability control with anti-roll
- Tilt steering wheel
- Traction control – ABS and driveline
Jeep Compass Latitude vs. Compass Sport
Jeep’s popular Compass SUV series comes in four trim options – Sport, Sport SE, Latitude and High Altitude. The Latitude and Sport are two of the most well-regarded vehicles.
At a lower price level, the Jeep Compass Sport comes with a 5-speed manual transmission, premium cloth bucket seats, rear 60/40 folding seats, manual windows and door locks, cruise control, foglamps, illuminated cupholders, and 16-inch wheels. All-wheel drive is also available and comes with 17-inch wheels. The Compass Sport SE features heated cloth mesh front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, 18-inch Mineral Gray wheels, and a rearview camera.
The Latitude, on the other hand, is an upgraded Jeep Compass that comes with such luxurious features as AutoStick® Automatic Transmission, heated front seats, power windows and locks, keyless entry, 60/40-split reclining rear seats, 115-volt inverter, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The Compass High Altitude gets leather-trimmed seating, a sunroof, six-way power driver’s seat, and 17-inch chrome-clad wheels.
Overall, the differences between the Sport and Latitude boil down to features, and Jeep lovers looking to secure a quality vehicle at a lower price point should consider the Sport as long as they are okay with driving stick and doing without some of the bells and whistles.
Test Drive the Latest Jeep SUVs
The only way to tell if a Jeep is truly for you is to sit behind the wheel of one yourself. Come test drive the all new Jeep Compass Latitude and other exciting Jeep models at Bryant Motors, located in downtown Sedalia, Missouri – just a short drive from Warrensburg, Whiteman AFB, Jefferson City, Marshall, Clinton, and Boonville.