Looking for an easy and inexpensive fix to your broken auto A/C system? Look no further than Bryant Motors’ car air conditioning service and repair
Like our sales department which is committed to selling high quality new and used cars, trucks and SUVs, Bryant Motors provides residents of Sedalia, Warrensburg, Whiteman AFB, Jefferson City, Marshall, Clinton, Boonville and surrounding areas with unbeatable customer service in automotive repair, including broken or malfunctioning car air conditioning systems. Our highly skilled and capable ASE-certified technicians have decades of A/C repair experience under their gloves.
A/C not working? Bryant Motors mechanics will get the job done right the first time and provide the most cost-effective repair. Call (800) 886-2701, contact us or stop by today!
What’s Wrong With My Auto A/C System?
When a car’s A/C stops working properly or goes out completely, people typically assume the worst. Fortunately, A/C repairs are usually fast and relatively inexpensive if the problem is caught early on. A majority of car air conditioning problems are caused by low refrigerant or coolant levels. Dirty air filters can also be a source of the problem. Continuing to drive your vehicle with low refrigerant or a dirty air filter will eventually ruin the A/C compressor, which is a much more expensive fix. Faulty A/C systems can also damage other electrical components in a vehicle such as idling, fuel efficiency and battery life.
Common auto A/C problems can include:
- Refrigerant/Coolant Leaks. Older vehicle models, especially, tend to suffer from leaking refrigerant hoses or A/C compressors. A coolant flush or refill is generally needed after a vehicle hits 150,000 miles or more.
- Loud A/C Compressor. Strange or noisy sounds coming from your car air conditioning system whenever you turn it on typically indicates a problem with the compressor. It may have to be replaced.
- Irregular Temperature. Fluctuating temperatures coming out of vehicle’s A/C system often indicates an ice buildup in one of the hoses or assemblies. Removing this excess moisture is typically a quick and easy fix.
- Flawed Electrical System. Since the A/C is connected to your vehicle’s electrical system, a weak car battery or faulty starter can prevent your air conditioning system from working properly or at all.
- Bad Odor. If you detect a damp, musty or moldy smell whenever you turn on the A/C, you likely have a buildup of bacteria in the evaporator. A simple flush should fix the problem.
Broken A/C Symptoms Checklist
If your auto air conditioning system displays one or more of the following symptoms, it may have one of the problems listed above:
- The A/C is set to max and the vents are open, but it is only blowing cool not cold air (or no air at all)
- The air conditioner is noisy when turned on
- The conditioned air smells funky
- The fan or blower doesn’t work anymore
- One of the dashboard controls stops working
- The car heater or defroster takes longer to function
- Your car tends to overheat
- The air filter has never been replaced and your vehicle has over 150,00 miles
When caught early, these A/C problems can be fixed easily and inexpensively. So if you recognized one of these symptoms in your car, you are due for an A/C checkup. At Bryant Motors, our friendly service team will take care of all your A/C repair and auto maintenance needs. Though our dealership primarily sells Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram new and used cars, we service ALL vehicle makes and models. Bring your car, truck or SUV down to our shop in Sedalia for professional auto repair service. For additional vehicle maintenance and repair advice from our car experts, feel free to browse our blog and car buying guide.